Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Thank You.

Thank you to everyone for their concern. My mom had a severe cerebellar hemorrhage on Saturday. I find myself lacking the words to describe her current condition, and for her privacy I will refrain from discussing it here. She has been in critical care in the ICU for five days; although there will be a long road to normalcy, so far the physical aspects of her recovery have been very good. My father and the rest of the family are coping. This occurred so unexpectedly that the whole thing has been quite a shock. Now, it remains for us to be patient as she heals.

Here's to hoping that my next post is from New Haven with more good news. Thanks again for your kind words of support.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll keep your mom in my thoughts and prayers. I hope for a full recovery and know that it'll be a long journey for her, you and your family.

Susan from Food Blogga said...

You, your mom, and your family are in my thoughts and in my heart.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear this, Rachael. Life definitely throws us unexpected punches sometimes and it takes infinite amounts of courage to move forward. I´m gonna be thinking of you and your mom and hoping for the best. Hang in there